- America and Europe support democracy. Elections are solid move to democracy. Election efforts are noticed, no matter how difficult, unorganized, or unsuccessful.
- Any election effort, especially during a struggle, will get massive world media coverage.
- Election efforts provide useful contribution for those not directly resisting the autocracy.
- News of “elections in progress” may discourage autocrat supporters.
- America and Europe are concerned about Libyan democratic sincerity. Election efforts give reassurance.
- America and Europe are concerned about leadership after autocratic rule. Election candidates define this leadership and dispel mystery and hesitation.
- Elected leadership provides a united voice for world democratic support. The massive world media will love it.
- America and Europe can muster greater support to elected recognized leadership.
- Elected leadership dispels worry that Libya is ungovernable after autocratic rule.
- America and Europe need a government to support and recognize to further democracy in Libya.
- Hold elections in free territories where they will not be hassled or resisted.
- Election are for local/city leadership and delegate leadership for wider national jurisdictions.
- Do not hold elections in autocrat held territory. It simply gives autocrats someone to persecute.
- The reasons and strategy listed above are only a start. There are many more and better reasons. Please tweet added ideas and reasons.